Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: [0 Day] XSS Persistent in Blogspot of Google

From: ANTRAX <antrax.bt () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 12:50:56 -0300

Gynvael Coldwind, I know this and I posted a reply in Underc0de about that.

http://underc0de.org/foro/hacking-showoff/xss-persistente-blogger-13978/

It isn't a critical bug but, despite that, this shouldn't happen..

Thanks all!

---
Best Regards
*ANTRAX*

2013/1/25 Gynvael Coldwind <gynvael () coldwind pl>

Hey ANTRAX,

JZ is correct, even in the template view the script is still executed only
in the *.blogspot.com context, and not in the context of blogger.com -
look at your first screenshot - it's clearly said there that the alert box
popped up on *.blogspot.com.

It's good to always alert(document.domain) to be sure of the context in
which the script is executed.
As you know, script executing in the context of the cookieless *.
blogspot.com cannot interact / or steal cookies from blogger.com domain.

So, to repeat what JZ already said - this is by design, it's not a bug,
and no, you cannot attack an admin this way (unless you found some other
way to execute that script in the context of blogger.com - in such case
try reporting it again).

Cheers,
Gynvael Coldwind