Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: XKeyscore sees 'nearly EVERYTHING you do online

From: Jeffrey Walton <noloader () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 18:47:59 -0400

On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 6:36 PM, Gary Baribault <gary () baribault net> wrote:
I think the NSA could twist arms in the U.S. and I think that they could
have a deal with the U.K. and maybe Canada, what I have HUGE doubts about is
how they transport all of that data back to their data centres, unless they
have a massive quantity of dark (private) fibre that no one knows about.
It does not appear to be a centralized architecture. According to
slides, they have servers situated all around the world. Per slide 5,
there are 500+ servers. According to slide 7, there are 700+ servers
at 150 sites throughout the world. The reason for the difference in
numbers of servers is not readily apparent.

When an analysts performs a query, the servers return the appropriate data.

Jeff