Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Adobe Flash UpdateInstalls Other Warez without Consent

From: Benji <me () b3nji com>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 15:54:26 +0100

If you can't program them or secure them, you might as well paint on them.

Quote taken from the "How to treat your girlfriend for dummies"

On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 6:59 PM, Jeffrey Walton <noloader () gmail com> wrote:

Hi Christian,

So, I was updating flash on a computer lately, when I noticed the
prompt below*, reminding me of this conversation.
Its a different URL. The URL I used was provided by the Adobe Flash Update
Service.

Considering how bad they've done in userland, its a scary thought they are
installing software at an elevated privilege level (and IT allows it).

or maybe it just took me a few weeks to photoshop this....
 If you can't program them or secure them, you might as well paint on them.

Jeff