Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Google Accounts Security Vulnerability

From: Mateus Felipe Tymburibá Ferreira <mateustymbu () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 15:20:37 -0400

I'm just copying the original message's part that probably answer your
question (I did not test it...):

">From there, I attempted to log-in to my Google account with the same
username and password.

To my surprise, I was not presented with any questions to confirm my
identity.

This completes the steps required to bypass this account hijacking
counter-measure."

Mateus Felipe Tymburibá Ferreira, M. Sc. student at
UFAM<http://portal.ufam.edu.br>
  CISSP <https://www.isc2.org/cissp/default.aspx>,
OSCP<http://www.offensive-security.com/information-security-certifications/oscp-offensive-security-certified-professional/>,
OSCE<http://www.offensive-security.com/information-security-certifications/osce-offensive-security-certified-expert/>,
OSWP<http://www.offensive-security.com/information-security-certifications/oswp-offensive-security-wireless-professional/>

<https://www.isc2.org/cissp/default.aspx>
<http://www.offensive-security.com/information-security-certifications/oscp-offensive-security-certified-professional/><http://www.offensive-security.com/information-security-certifications/osce-offensive-security-certified-expert/><http://www.offensive-security.com/information-security-certifications/oswp-offensive-security-wireless-professional/>