Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Apple IOS security issue pre-advisory record

From: Aaron Toponce <aaron.toponce () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 11:51:18 -0600

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 05:29:28PM +0000, Thor (Hammer of God) wrote:
Making a conclusion of community behavior, good or bad, based on some
indication of a number of clicks on some link is non sequitur.   I
actually don't see any reason why one would be surprised by a "security
community" following links anyway.  I've got a VM specifically used for
this type of thing, and I know many others do as well.  Many probably
*want* the link to be malicious so they can analyze and harvest any
potential attack and see if it is new or interesting.   There is no
corollary to qualified behavior from some ambiguous report that "300
security researchers who should have known better."

The link is also publicly accessible via the browser and via RSS:

    http://seclists.org/fulldisclosure/2012/Mar/262
    http://seclists.org/rss/fulldisclosure.rss

Assuming "300 security researchers" clicked a link is silly.

--
. o .   o . o   . . o   o . .   . o .
. . o   . o o   o . o   . o o   . . o