Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: TWSL2012-002: Multiple Vulnerabilities in WordPress

From: Tim Brown <tmb () 65535 com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 14:49:42 +0000

On Wednesday 25 Jan 2012 15:22:39 Henri Salo wrote:

There is A LOT of these open installation pages in the Internet. It is not
uncommon to leave those open by accident. Some people also do this,
because they just don't understand the risks. I am wondering if WordPress
would apply patch if we create one as a collaborative effort. I would be
more than happy to help creating a patch for this if this is the case.

I may have missed something, but does simply having the file exposed make you
vulnerable.  From looking at it, it starts of with a bunch of file_exists(),
which essentially evaluate if you've installed or not and wp_die() if you
have.

Tim
--
Tim Brown