Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: MySQL (Linux) Database Privilege Elevation Zeroday Exploit

From: kai () rhynn net
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2012 07:25:32 +0700

Hi all,

wrote some shitcode for mysql user&hash enumeration when having FILE privilege. surely you could do it with simple bash one-liner using mysql+grep+sed, but we're not going the easy way, right?

the first thought was "hey, what about changing root password directly in file user.MYD?" but then...
file_name cannot be an existing file, which among other things prevents files such as /etc/passwd and database tables from being destroyed.

anyway we have Nvidia cards and Hashcat.

Cheers,

Kai