Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Wordpress Remote Exploit - W3 Total Cache

From: Grandma Eubanks <tborland1 () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2012 10:42:50 -0600

This reminds me of a funny story about a decently popular database plugin
for WordPress. Even though they use a bruteforceable value based on time of
creation, there was something even funnier. A person would make a quick
database backup and it would just place it in the backups folder, that by
default wasn't a protected directory (nor was there an option to do it via
the plugin), and you could just view && download all the backups freely.
Again, hashes and associated salt(s) were available from here.

I'll leave it for someone else to ruin what plugin it is. I use it
currently in a capture the flag game as bonus points.