Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: DakaRand

From: Paul Schmehl <pschmehl_lists () tx rr com>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 13:29:27 -0500

--On August 20, 2012 9:35:54 AM -0700 Dan Kaminsky <dan () doxpara com> wrote:

Neat.  What's the default, and what does it mine?  Count?  Nanosecond
time?

This 2002 USENIX paper explains the process.  A Yarrow PRNG is used and the
output is encrypted with the AES Rijndael cipher.

<http://static.usenix.org/events/bsdcon/full_papers/murray/murray_html/>

Sources of entropy are defined in random.h
enum esource { \
    RANDOM_WRITE, RANDOM_KEYBOARD, \
    RANDOM_MOUSE, RANDOM_NET, \
    RANDOM_INTERRUPT, ENTROPYSOURCE \