Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Twitter URL spoofing still exploitable

From: Benji <me () b3nji com>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 16:18:18 +0100

If you hover over the t.co links the alt= tag holds the real url.

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 4:11 PM, dave bl <db.pub.mail () gmail com> wrote:

On 28 September 2011 01:00, Mario Vilas <mvilas () gmail com> wrote:
On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 3:26 PM, Dan Kaminsky <dan () doxpara com> wrote:

Ok, now nobody can spoof a URL, but how come a user will tell good
URLs and bad ones apart? Oh boy!

Wherever did you get the idea that users can do this?

Jokes apart, I do find it annoying that URLs aren't expanded
automatically
anymore. But I don't expect this situation to be permanent.

Agreed.