Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Facebook Attach EXE Vulnerability

From: Laurelai <laurelai () oneechan org>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 22:15:50 -0500

On 10/28/2011 10:03 PM, Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu wrote:
On Fri, 28 Oct 2011 20:44:04 CDT, Laurelai said:
On 10/28/2011 6:17 PM, Ulises2k wrote:
You know this?  ;)
https://www.facebook.com/whitehat/bounty/
Facebook has a habit of ignoring issues
So? That's their problem, not yours.

The moral thing to do is to work with them on a responsible disclosure in hopes
of a bounty.  Then when it becomes apparent they intend to ignore the issue,
you've at least tried to do the right thing - so publish and at least score
some reputation points. ;)

Of course, the devil is in the details - for instance, how long is it "responsible"
to wait if you discover a zero-day that's already being exploited on a large
scale?
When we informed facebook of our discovery ( not this one another one)
they ignored us and when asked by the media they denied it was even a
problem, I wonder how many people actually have cashed in on that bounty
they offered?