Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: [OT] Obama said: "American people understand that not everybody's been following the rules"

From: "Ivan ." <ivanhec () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 13:48:52 +1100

do your own research, read your own shit, make your own decisions

2011/10/13 夜神 岩男 <supergiantpotato () yahoo co jp>

On 10/13/2011 08:53 AM, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 7:47 PM, Ivan .<ivanhec () gmail com>  wrote:

http://www.businessinsider.com/what-wall-street-protesters-are-so-angry-about-2011-10?op=1

Very nice.

All the pictures make it very easy to take in quickly. It should help
those who don't want to take a detailed look at the issues. If I could
only get it on my etch-a-sketch....

Jeff

Funny how accurate your statement is about those who "don't want to take
a detailed look at the issues." Those are the ones making all the noise.

I would like to draw your attention to the Featured Comment at the
bottom of the article. It is spot on and a critical counterpoint.

The entire article is full of leading indicators and trailing
indicators, but arguing them as if their meaning were reversed. The most
interesting part about all this is looking at them with an eye to
predictive analysis. The charts show that we are not in uncharted
territory, and that corporate profits in a down season is a leading
indicator in a sharp reduction in unemployment (that is, job creation)
and another prolonged boom cycle. This will eventually be interrupted by
a sharp, short recession, like the one now. The charts used in this
article do tell a story, and its not the one the whole 99%/1% argument
crowd is about.