Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Verizon Wireless DNS Tunneling

From: Marshall Whittaker <marshallwhittaker () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2011 07:32:07 -0300

I recently noticed that you can tunnel TCP through DNS (I used iodine) to
penetrate Verizon Wireless' firewall.  You can connect, and if you can hold
the connection long enough to make a DNS tunnel, then the connection stays
up, then use SSH -D to create a proxy server for your traffic. Bottom line
is, you can use the internet without paying. I made a video of it.  It can
be seen here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Oxagast?blend=2&ob=5#p/u/0/X6oWESQMVd8 I tried
to contact Verizon on their security blog about it a few weeks ago at
http://securityblog.verizonbusiness.com/ however, I have not had a response.
 This technique still works as of this posting.  Maybe this will help them
get their act together ;-)

--oxagast