Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Dell iDRAC6

From: chris <chris () cataclysmal org>
Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2011 19:03:56 -0700

No DHCP, but, they sit on the typical RFC1918 192.168 block upon established link out-of-the-box.

It's a feature. You shouldn't have OOB management on any externally accessable network anyway.

--chris

phil <jabea () jabea net> wrote:

Is it only me, but the iDRAC6 from Dell is kinda insecure. The default
username and password is always root / calvin. (I configured a lot of Dell
server from like  R610 to NX3000 and they all share that default password)

On the other hand, hp iLO got hardcoded password that change from each
servers they ship.

Both of them come pre-configured on some private class IP, at least the
iDRAC is not DHCP by default, that's the only thing that make me think it's
not at 100% insecure, but just not secure at 100% either.