Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: [AntiSnatchOr] Drupal <= 6.20 insecure Captcha defaults PoC

From: Eyeballing Weev <eyeballing.weev () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 18:25:37 -0500

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 4:54 PM, MustLive <mustlive () websecurity com ua>wrote:

Hello Michele!

Few days ago I saw your advisory about Drupal's captcha. It's interesting
advisory, but I have one note concerning it - your research is very close
mine ;-) (it concerns similar holes which I found before you).

Quit being sexist. Is this because of a woman disclosed this?

Second, in your PoC (bruteforce exploit for Drupal) you're talking about
Brute Force hole. But in title you said about insecure Captcha (which is
Insufficient Anti-automation). These are different classes of
vulnerabilities, like in WASC TC - Brute Force (WASC-11) and Insufficient
Anti-automation (WASC-21). So your title is not fully correct.

Again, more sexism by you.

All these holes in Drupal (from my 4 advisories concerning Drupal) will be
disclosed soon. It was planned for February, so at this week I begun
disclosing these holes.

So, Michele, good luck in your security researches.

Good luck to anyone reading your Engrish ridden "advisories"