Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: [Security Tool - Video] INSECT Pro 2.6.1 available

From: T Biehn <tbiehn () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 12:23:49 -0400

Maybe he should build a vulnerability into each version, so he can announce
each new version with the disclosure and satisfy your constraints.

-Travis

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 10:44 AM, Steven Pinkham <steve.pinkham () gmail com>wrote:

Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu wrote:
On Tue, 02 Aug 2011 22:17:58 -0300, root said:
Dude you just released INSECT Pro 2.7 less than a week ago. I swear to
god I'm being serious.

It's not unusual for commercial products with customers that demand
product
stability to release version 3.5 or whatever, then release 3.6, and after
that
release 3.5.1, 3.5.2, yadda yadda with just bugfixes so sites can get
patched
without having to make the 3.5->3.6 jump.

Yes.  But they don't spam full-disclosure with that info every week.
Rapid releases can be good, but the list charter says:

"Gratuitous advertisement, product placement, or self-promotion is
forbidden."

Announcing every point release of a commercial product falls afoul of
that.
--
 | Steven Pinkham, Security Consultant    |
 | http://www.mavensecurity.com           |

--
FD1D E574 6CAB 2FAF 2921  F22E B8B7 9D0D 99FF A73C
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?search=tbiehn&op=index&fingerprint=on