Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Tor2web 2.0 is live! - NiX is doing copyright infrigment

From: "Fabio Pietrosanti (naif)" <lists () infosecurity ch>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 08:20:33 +0200

On 8/23/11 2:02 AM, nix () myproxylists com wrote:

Im involved in anonymity and privacy research and development. I've
recently released NiX Web Proxy Script:

A fully working online demo: http://myproxylists.com/nix_web_proxy/

I understand your point but it's always harder to find bugs when you have
no source code.

It's obfuscated because NiX don't have a name yet. If it will become a
brand, I'll have no issues to release the source code.

Man, it appear to me you are:
- stealing the glype.com php proxy source-code
- modifying it
- making your own release obfuscated with sourceguardian
- not even saying that's Glype based

Independently from the code that you obfuscated, let's look at stuff
that the same between Glype and NiX php web proxy:

* Common text and html formatting between Glype and NiX
* Same application name/parameters between Glype and NiX
* Same filename
* Similar file Size

@ Common text of web pages of Glype (www.glype.com) and your NiX:

Glype: (Example Glype installation: http://fiberprox.net/)

"Enjoy unrestricted and uncensored browsing with our service."
"Browsing through us both keeps you anonymous from the sites you visit
and allows you to bypass any network restrictions from your government,
workplace or college."

NIX: (Example Nix Installation: https://myproxylists.com/nix_web_proxy/)

"Enjoy unrestricted and uncensored safe browsing with our service."
"Browsing through us both keeps you anonymous from the sites you visit
and allows you to bypass any network restrictions from your government,
workplace or school. "

@ Common application name (browse.php) and application parameter (u=) of
Glype:

Glype:
http://fiberprox.net/browse.php?u=http://www.google.fi

NiX:
https://myproxylists.com/nix_web_proxy/browse.php?u=http://www.google.fi/

@ Same filename

browse.php : Glype = NiX
parser.php : Glype = NiX
upload/ :  Glype = NiX are both distributed in upload/ directory

@ Similar file Size

It seems that also the application browse.php are of very similar size:
du -s glype-1.1/upload/browse.php NIX/upload/PHP52x/browse.php
128     glype-1.1/upload/browse.php
120     NIX/upload/PHP52x/browse.php

Without even attempting to make reverse engineering it seems clear to
everyone what are you doing...

Nice try.

-naif