Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Disabling iPhone Tracking ? Do it Yourself (DiT?DiY)

From: Christian Sciberras <uuf6429 () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 16:33:22 +0200

Here's a crazy idea.....just drop your crappy iphone and get a real mobile
device instead of an all-in-one fa[g|d] machine...

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 4:22 PM, Charles Polisher <cpolish () surewest net>wrote:

On Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 01:33:28PM -0400, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
So, for those who are forced to live with the file "consolidated.db"
itself, TEHTRI-Security proposes to patch this Apple file, and to add
some lines of hacking inside it. We found that by adding SQL TRIGGERS
inside the file itself, we can totally get rid of the tracking issues.
I can envision it now.... A room full of lawyers formulating a
strategy to classify the SQL TRIGGERS as a DRM circumvention tool so
they can bring a PATRIOT Act like response.

Building on that:

create trigger alibi_in_WifiLocationHarvest after insert on
WifiLocationHarvest begin update WifiLocationHarvest set x_coord
= xcoord + large_random_permutation, ycoord = ycoord +
large_random _permutation; end; create trigger
alibi_in_LocationHarvest after insert on LocationHarvest begin
update LocationHarvest set x_coord = xcoord +
large_random_permutation, ycoord = ycoord +
large_random_permuitation; end;

On Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 12:09 PM, Laurent OUDOT at TEHTRI-Security