Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: LDAP NULL Bind being picked up, making non PCI compliant

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2010 12:02:54 -0400

On Wed, 01 Sep 2010 10:30:55 EDT, Jason Nada said:

We recently ran a scan against our exchange servers and got the error that
our server was vulnerable to an LDAP NULL BIND overflow. This vulnerability
is now making out network uncomplient to PCI and are having trouble with a
way to fix the problem.

Have you talked to the outside auditors who are doing the PCI compliance test,
and see what you can do with compensating controls? Firewall off the servers
so LDAP can only get to/from them from your official machines, etc?