Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: [Braillenote] Warning: BrailleNote Apex Offers Read/Write FTP And Telnet Access To All Comers

From: Alex Hall <mehgcap () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 17:50:05 -0400

While I am shocked at this sort of security risk on a bn, I wonder how
you use it to access your files without, as you say, using ActiveSync?
I am on a public network at school and am therefore rather worried
about this (then again, I doubt anyone on campus knows what telnet is,
let alone how to isolate my machine).
Please email hw with the details of this as soon as possible so they
can see that, even if they meant to do it, it is of concern to users.
If you can tell me how to do this and I can confirm it, I will also
email them. I do not doubt your findings, I just would like to provide
details of my setup so that hw can see that these are two independent
use cases.