Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Fingerprinting Paper with Laser

From: "james o' hare" <jamesohare69 () googlemail com>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 15:21:16 +0000

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 3:17 PM, Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org> wrote:
I saw this release today, and just had to share it with anyone I could find.

"Every paper, plastic, metal and ceramic surface is microscopically
different and has its own 'fingerprint'. Professor Cowburn's LSA system
uses a laser to read this naturally occurring 'fingerprint'. The
accuracy of measurement is often greater than that of DNA with a
reliability of at least one million trillion."

I love it when old technologies and science are used in interesting new
ways to impact the future.

http://nanotechwire.com/news.asp?nid=2254

Expect to see this technology at an airport near you, in five years or so.

       Gadi.

As long as it stops The Mossad going to Dubai and assassinating people
in hotel rooms, then I'm all for it.

Andrew