Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Wordpad Command line argument vulnerability is it known ?

From: Berend-Jan Wever <berendjanwever () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 14:05:21 +0100

This is very probably known and fixed, as I published about the many BoFs
and formatstring vulns in comand line handling in Windows applications in
2004 (http://seclists.org/bugtraq/2004/Oct/45), after which most if not all
of them got fixed. I cannot reproduce in XP sp3.

If you still want to exploit it, why don't you encode your shellcode to
lowercase alphanumeric using ALPHA3?
http://code.google.com/p/alpha3/

Berend-Jan Wever <berendjanwever () gmail com>
http://skypher.com/SkyLined