Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: targetted SSH bruteforce attacks

From: Gary Baribault <gary () baribault net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 11:28:04 -0400

On this system, there is only one user allowed, and that's me. On one
of my other systems, where two, but both good security guys. I run a
bash script every night to grep the successful and unsuccessful logins
every night that is mailed to me, that's how I spot these things
quick. Also Denyhosts emails me for every Deny.

Gary Baribault
Courriel: gary () baribault net
GPG Key: 0x685430d1
Signature: 9E4D 1B7C CB9F 9239 11D9 71C3 6C35 C6B7 6854 30D1