Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: "Jailpassing" technique for iphones

From: Tyler Borland <tborland1 () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 11:47:42 -0400

Yes, same exact story with different software.  Pretty much, the only
difference is the tool they chose to modify.  There are a few webcasts
in which I saw when they came out, where that iPhone forensics book
guy does a good hour webcasts on what he did and what more is
possible.  Two different modified tools to do forensics (including the
get rid of passcode trick).  Even more if you include the Youtube
video that was linked in an earlier reply:

http://oreillynet.com/pub/e/949  - IPhone Forensics Demo
http://oreillynet.com/pub/e/1093 - iPhone Forensics 101: Bypassing the
iPhone Passcode

I still think the video was cool, however it didn't exactly offer
anything that wasn't available before.  Just proving possibility with
newer techniques.  More videos with more techniques is never a bad
thing.