Full Disclosure mailing list archives

ACM.ORG data leak still there 4 days after announcing to CEO John White

From: the hacker <info () the-hacker info>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 18:07:20 +0100

4 days since I informed ACM's CEO John White of the severe data leak on acm.org - but the leak has not been fixed

26 hour after contacting ACM and 2 hours after a reminder to the CEO I got an email from ACM member services:

"Thank you for pointing out the security issues you located on acm.org. We are in the process of updating these security issues."

But that was 3 days ago and nothing has changed - they did not even ask me where the leak is!

as stated before full postal and email address data can be extracted from a database & also overwritten

I'm going to write CEO Mr. White again and attach a sample of 2500 extracted addresses & send it to some CC's

Its weird, I mean this company is not selling flowers, ACM states on its website that " ACM is an educational and scientific society uniting the world's computing educators, researchers and professionals to inspire dialogue, share resources and address the field's challenges. ACM strengthens the profession's collective voice through strong leadership, promotion of the highest standards, and recognition of technical excellence. ACM supports the professional growth of its members by providing opportunities for life-long learning, career development, and professional networking."

so where is technical excellence here???

details & screenshot of extracted data on http://www.the-hacker-news.com/

follow this on http://twitter.com/_the_hacker_

the hacker