Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: DLL hijacking with Autorun on a USB drive

From: Christian Sciberras <uuf6429 () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 16:54:09 +0200

Valdis, that last statement of yours really didn't make any sense:

(And remember what people said about the *first* release of UAC in the beta? A
*lot* of people said it sucked hard enough to make them seriously consider
moving to Linux...

Without getting into any difference between Windows and Linux, myself,
from a user perspective, would definitely prefer a UAC prompt than a
File Manager which silently refuses to copy some files due to
permissions.

Really, comparing UAC to Linux's security measures wasn't smart. I'm
no fan of UAC, and even less of SUDO.

Cheerio,
Chris.