Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: H D Moore sells Metasploit: Open source project in commercial hands

From: James Lay <jlay () slave-tothe-box net>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 18:08:46 -0600

From: Rohit Patnaik <quanticle () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 18:52:57 -0500
To: "Ivan ." <ivanhec () gmail com>
Cc: Full-disclosure <full-disclosure () lists grok org uk>
Subject: Re: [Full-disclosure] H D Moore sells Metasploit: Open source
project in commercial hands

I don't really see this as a bad thing.  Metasploit's new hybrid license
seems to force contributions to be open-sourced so Rapid7's contributions
should flow back to the community.

--Rohit Patnaik

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 6:14 PM, Ivan . <ivanhec () gmail com> wrote:
http://risky.biz/metasploit_sold

I¹ve dealt with Rapid7...there were pushy and condescending on the phone
since we weren¹t interested in their (amazingly expensive) product.  It took
months to get them to stop calling even after we told them several times we
weren¹t interested.  If they act like that with Metaslpoit...well...good
luck.

James