Full Disclosure mailing list archives

FW: Re[2]: Radware AppWall Web Application Firewall: Source code disclosure on management interface

From: "Shaked Vax" <ShakedV () Radware com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 15:18:41 +0300

Hello Vladimir

Let's clarify what is the .inc vulnerability all about:
In order to take advantage of this vulnerability one needs to:
1. Have access to internal AppWall management URL
2. Have credentials (user and password) of the AppWall Web Interface. Without the credentials one cannot access the
/Management/ folder at all !

Once you have access to the .inc file you can retrieve the server's source code. In most applications it is not "a good
practice" (to say the least) to expose your source code even your authenticated users.

In AppWall's case there is nothing interesting to hide in the inc files, since if you have credentials, and you are
looking to cause harm to the system, you can simply shutdown the AppWall service, change its IP address etc'. PHP
source code is not interesting in this case.

This is not a critical issue and should be taken in relevant proportions.

Regards,
Shaked Vax