Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: security hole on local ISP

From: Lee <ler762 () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 13:21:09 -0500

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 12:08 PM, T Biehn <tbiehn () gmail com> wrote:

This is a hiroshima versus 'harmless' mountain demonstration debate,
Lee. Because the post includes the raw data including ports, passwords
and ranges one must assume

no, I don't >have< to make that assumption

that "Cilia Pretel Gallo" was appealing to
the lowest common denominator, to a group of individuals where
checking NRO whois db for ETB's netblocks would not be an obvious
first step.

Just because you or I wouldn't have made a full disclosure of the problem it
doesn't necessarily follow that "Cilia Pretel Gallo" was appealing to the
lowest common denominator.

The few times I've found something that I considered a security issue & the
vendor didn't agree, a "So you're OK with me posting the details to Full
Disclosure then?" was enough to get them to reconsider.  I doubt the OP
tried that tactic with ETB..  but it seems to me the real problem is with
ETB leaving this [alleged - I haven't bothered to check] security hole wide
open.

Regards,
Lee

Ahem.