Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Hacker Space Fest 2009 CFP: Call For Paper

From: Ralf-Philipp Weinmann <crypto.rpw () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 18:18:57 -0700

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 11:46 PM, Valdis' Mustache
<security.mustachio () gmail com> wrote:

Like you, I was not amused by the brazen audacity and foolishness of
hundreds of low-rent apartments, grandmother's basements, and shuttered
Oldsmobile dealerships speciously presenting themselves as dens of
underground activity, providing opportune one-stop surveillance points for
various government entities. [1]

LOL. I really like the wording here.

Rather, it appears that young men (and even, it would seem, nubile young
women) band together in these "spaces" in a spirit of bonhomie to work on
shared endeavours like constructing sandwich-making robots, soldering (and
its ever-present cousin desoldering), and the fabrication of hundreds of
contraptions known as "LED throwies" [3], the latter of which are evidently
useful as props during dance routines at electronic music events, in which
the throwies are attached to extremely ill-fitting "phat" (sic.) pants. [4]

Alex (Sotirov), have you taken to writing to FD under aliases now? ;)

[2] For our purposes, "hacking" is defined as any activity not performed by Bre Pettis.

ROFLMAO.

Cheers,
RPW

--
Ralf-Philipp Weinmann
CryptoLUX / Laboratory of Algorithmics and Computer Security, FSTC