Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Time to patch Windows boxes with MS08-067

From: "James Matthews" <nytrokiss () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 20:15:38 -0400

We are still waiting to hear more about this Vulnerability. I guess the
BinDiff will come out soon.

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 5:12 PM, Juha-Matti Laurio <
juha-matti.laurio () netti fi> wrote:

The out-of-the cycle update from Microsoft is MS08-067 - Vulnerability in
Server Service Could Allow Remote Code Execution:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/Bulletin/ms08-067.mspx

Recommended workarounds:
-Disable the Server and Computer Browser services
-Block TCP ports 139 and 445 at the firewall

As reported in Tuesday's advance notification all major Windows versions
are affected, the bulletin rates Vista update as Important.

Microsoft has updated their AV products to protect against this RPC issue
too.

Juha-Matti

--
http://www.goldwatches.com/