Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Metasploit 3.2 Offers More 'Evil Deeds'

From: "James Matthews" <nytrokiss () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 21:02:39 -0700

I think it's a nice tool, enabling people that cannot afford the more
expensive (Core Impact or Immunity CANVAS) so still have a nice stable
framework.

On Thu, Oct 9, 2008 at 6:38 PM, H D Moore <fdlist () digitaloffense net> wrote:

You can find our SecTOR presentation online at:
 http://metasploit.com/research/conferences/

Grab an early of 3.2 (testing) from SVN:
 $ svn co http://metasploit.com/svn/framework3/trunk/ msf32/

A little bit about the new licensing (much more to follow):
 http://www.darkreading.com/document.asp?doc_id=165636&WT.svl=news1_1

Metasploit is now officially an open-source project with a mostly-new
group of developers behind it. We are still a week or two away from the
final release, so keep an eye out for more information about the new
features and improvements on the metasploit blog:
 http://metasploit.com/blog

-HD

PS. The "Evil Deeds" article is mostly correct, but some of the specific
items were mangled in translation. The new EXE template does not allow
you to turn a metasploit exploit into an EXE, it lets you take a
metasploit payload+encoder into an EXE, big difference :-)