Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: [NANOG] IOS rootkits

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 18:03:38 -0400

On Tue, 20 May 2008 22:45:23 BST, n3td3v said:
HD Moore is the biggest threat in the security world today and I stand
by those words, we can't allow the presentation to go ahead.

It certainly would be nice to work in a world where HD Moore was the biggest
threat.  Unfortunately, those of us who actually do security for a living
have to deal with much bigger threats - for instance, the ever-changing
laws and proposed laws having to deal with data retention (some data you
have to keep, some data you are not allowed to keep, sometimes you have data
that one country says you have to keep and another country says you're not
allowed to keep).

And some blogger going by the name of n3td3v keeps whining about MI5/6:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&as_qdr=all&q=n3td3v+mi5+OR+mi6&btnG=Search

and Chinese cyber-terrorists:

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=mozclient&scoring=d&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&q=n3td3v+chinese