Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: OpenID. The future of authentication on the web?

From: "Kurt Buff" <kurt.buff () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 16:43:03 -0800

On 3/23/08, Larry Seltzer <Larry () larryseltzer com> wrote:
I understand the attractiveness of not having to remember lots of IDs
and passwords, but when you give up control of your data, you give up
control of your future.

Normal people aren't going to remember enough passwords, let alone
strong passwords, to make that control meaningful. I do get your point,
but I bet that the best alternative is to give them one set of
credentials and make it as strong as possible.

PasswordSafe/KeePass on a PDA, or something similar, can make up for
poor memory.

Kurt