Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Offensive Security Backtrack Training

From: atlas <atlas () r4780y com>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 08:31:35 -0400

Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 02:44:15 +0000
From: "worried security" <worriedsecurity () googlemail com>

http://www.offensive-security.com/ilt.php

Fuck mutts / backtrack / offensive-security and the remote-exploit IRC
channel, they turned their back on the underground to make money.

What a dick he is for blantantly making money out of these courses to
line his own pocket, what happened to good old teaching people things
for the pure enthusiasm of computer security?

No, this guy even put banners for this on Securityfocus frontpage, he
is truely in it for the money and is up there with the all time great
profiteers of Symantec now and doesn't actually care about the
underground.

I'm as underground a guy and supporter as you get 9 years in the
security underground and would never turn my back on it just to line
my pocket, so i can buy extra sweeties next time i'm down the candy
shop.

Did you just say "security underground"?  What does that even *mean*!?
Hacking underground... yes, I get that... and it actually means something
(although likely less and commonly thought).

And so what if the guy makes some cash from training?  Getting paid to support
the habit is generally accepted as a good thing.  I'm glad you feel strongly
about making help and discussion available for free.  Many good things have
come from such ideals... but you sound like RMS of the "underground security"
scene.

</trolling>
--
LFXXKIDDMFXCO5BAO5QWS5BAMZXXEIDJNZZXA2LSMF2GS33OFYQFS33VEBUGC5TFEB2G6IDHN4QGCZTUMVZCA2LUEB3WS5DIEBQSAY3MOVRC4CQ=