Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: SCADA Security Corruption

From: "Bryan L. Singer" <bsinger_74 () yahoo com>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 19:21:15 -0800 (PST)

I know Jonathan quite well ...  As a public leader in
this space (one that is not afraid to stand up in
front of crowds and speak a message), you are bound to
make some enemies out there, it's inevitable.

I can't remember where I heard it, but its a great
saying... if you stand for nothing, you'll fall for
anything... and its sage advice.

The challenge is that once you expose yourself to the
peanut gallery like many of us do, someone that does
not have the same courage is likely to posit the voice
of the pessimist.  It is much more easy to destroy
than create.  Sure, we aren't always right... I quite
often have changed a position in the face of
irrefutable evidence. It is a mark of character to
admit when you are wrong.

Any tactic involving slamming another peer, throwing
under the bus, or spreading uncorroborated
information, however, is deplorable.  Sure, if JP or
anyone else shows up on "The Smoking Gun" with a
credible piece of information behind it.. then we can
have this conversation.  But if we don't have solid
proof, better left to say nothing.

I know JP quite well and would be happy to know that
he worked on my security program.

PS:  asinine-sasion... that's good...
--- worried security <worriedsecurity () googlemail com>
wrote:

On Feb 17, 2008 10:11 PM,  <beenthere () hush com>