Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Dude VanWinkle's Death

From: "Randal T. Rioux" <randy () procyonlabs com>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 15:57:48 -0500 (EST)

I always think of these pics when those precious snowflakes post nonsense:

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o100/EMPulse_of_KC/itg_quarterly.jpg

http://www.stevelambe.com/posts/Nerd.jpg

http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/8/88/Itg.jpg

Attention whores, the lot of them.

Par for the course...

On Mon, February 11, 2008 2:51 pm, Geoffrey Gowey wrote:
I can't even believe some of the people on this list would take this
posting as a joke.  This could have been any of us.  Disagreeing about a
persons opinion and discussing is part of being on this list, but it's
something else entirely when, solely based on what they voiced on a
professional mailing list about professional topics, some of the members
are rejoicing. Now that is just purely tasteless and cold hearted.

I guess the fact that these people who are rejoicing are the same group
that hide behind anonymous mail just goes to show that keyboard bravery
really can separate a person from their humanity.  For those of you
keyboard warriors who may disagree with some of the people here and voice
your disagreement in a manner befitting a toddler I normally chalk up
your nonsense to immaturity, but celebrating the death of someone who
maintained his professionalism is inhuman.  It has been par for the
course for years to have a heavy helping of nonsense come from those who
would hide their identity not for professional reasons, but for them to
act out what Freud defined as their Id.  This topic, however, shows these
same bunch of people for what they truly are: self-serving immature
cowards.

I never knew really knew this person while he was alive and I am not
trying to paint a picture of him as a saint, but for the immature lot on
this list now would be a good time to know when to refrain from your
impulse of banging out some immature posting.  Show some small measure of
humanity and let those affected who knew this person grieve without your
antics.