Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Urgent Google Contact

From: "anonymous pimp" <anonymouspimp () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 01:17:16 +0200

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 12:11 AM, Chris Pritchard
<mailinglist () brainiacghost co uk> wrote:
Reporting Security Issues

If you are a Google user and have a security issue to report regarding your
personal Google account, please visit our contact page. This includes
password problems, login issues, spam reports, suspected fraud and account
abuse issues.

If you have discovered a vulnerability in a Google product or have a
security incident to report, please email security () google com. Please
include a detailed summary of the issue including the name of the product
(e.g., Gmail) and the nature of the issue you believe you've discovered. Be
sure to include an email address where we can reach you in case we need more
information.

This process of notifying a vendor before publicly releasing information is
an industry-standard best practice known as responsible
disclosure. Responsible disclosure is important to the ecology of the
Internet. It allows companies like Google to keep users safe by fixing
vulnerabilities and resolving security concerns before they are brought to
the attention of the bad guys. We strongly encourage anyone who is
interested in researching and reporting security issues to observe the
simple courtesies and protocols of responsible disclosure.

Working together helps make the online experience safer for everyone.

We take security issues seriously and will respond swiftly to fix verifiable
security issues. Some of our products are complex and take time to update.
When properly notified of legitimate issues, we'll do our best to
acknowledge your emailed report, assign resources to investigate the issue,
and fix potential problems as quickly as possible.

We value the security of Google services as well as your privacy when you
report vulnerabilities or incidents to us. If you feel the need, please
use our public key to encrypt your communications with us when sending email
to security () google com.

- from http://www.google.com/corporate/security.html