Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: [funsec] Internet attacks against Georgian web s ites

From: Dave <dave () fred net>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 13:35:06 -0400

Wouldn't their press release indicate that they are actually keeping the
unit intact?  After all, it IS the Office of Disinformation.

William McAfee wrote:
I have to say, the DoD would be crazy not to ramp up AFCYBER.  What
reason on or off Earth do they have to intentionally not protect
themselves against attack on the network front?  It's crazy to leave
yourself vulnerable like that, much less not have a method of offensive
strike.  It's like a country just now deciding to have an Air Force and
then out of the blue saying 'Nope, sorry, nevermind.'