Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Project announcement Small Sister: Privacy Enhancing Tools

From: "Brenno de Winter" <brennodewinter () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 17:31:44 +0200

Hi,

Two years ago I gave a lecture at the Chaos Communication Camp in Germany on
hacking data retention. There are a lot of things you can do to protect
unwarrented surveillance. The thing is that privacy enhancing techniques are
needed in a world fewer people know about digital self defense. In order to
support tools that exist and increase anonimity we started an open source
project that wants to build solutions like:
- Anonymous, data retention free e-mailing
- Encryption for cell phone platforms
- etc.

Since privacy goes to the core value of hackers I think this is valuable and
something worthwhile announcing on the Full Disclosure list. The project is
called Small Sister and can be found here: http://www.smallsister.org/

Cheers,

Brenno de Winter