Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Biologger - A Biometric Keylogger

From: "Andy Davis" <andy.davis () irmplc com>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 11:54:49 +0100

In this paper we realise a proof-of-concept implementation of a
biometric keylogger, or "Biologger". While conventional keyloggers are
typically used to obtain passwords or encryption keys to circumvent
specific security measures, our Biologger will aim to capture
biometric-related data between a biometric device and other processing
units, to be used and exploited in a number potential attack vectors
against the biometric system, such as manipulation of biometric data and
control signals, as per traditional man-in-the middle attacks.

The full paper can be downloaded here:

http://www.irmplc.com/index.php/69-Whitepapers