Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: [irc-security] Multiple vulnerabilities in ircu

From: Tom Laermans <tom.laermans () powersource cx>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 09:51:23 +0200

Colin Alston wrote:
Please be careful labeling something as "vulnerabilities" when they
aren't. You've described software bugs which should be reported to the
maintainer, none of them so far as I can see are vulnerabilities or
exploits.

I can see crashbugs, operfloods, channel takeovers and ways to find out
people's IP addresses who think they are hidden thanks to the IP hiding
feature.
Having this malfunction certainly looks like a vulnerability to me.

Most vulnerabilities are indeed software bugs, and the exploits are
actually documented in the post you comment on.

Tom