Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Another 0day to sell.

From: "Alex Robar" <alex.robar () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 13:54:14 -0400

Thank you for actually looking it up. Now that we've got that squared
away...

I agree that it's valuable to see what those 0day threats are, but that's
the key: You don't tell the list. You don't say what they are, and _that_ is
the point of full-disclosure. If you were to post what type of
vulnerabilities you had, what software they affected... Then I wouldn't have
any type of problem with you offering to sell them. You discovered them, and
you're within your rights to do whatever you want with them. But you posting
that you've got a random 0day to sell doesn't help raise the level of
protection my customers get.

AR