Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Flash that simulates virus scan

From: Nick FitzGerald <nick () virus-l demon co uk>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 17:32:49 +1300

Joshua Tagnore wrote:

    Some time ago I remember that someone posted a PoC of a small site that
had a really nice looking flash animation that "performed a virus scan" and
after the "virus scan" was finished, the user was prompted for a "Download
virus fix?" question. After that, of course, a file is sent to the user andu
he got infected with some malware. Right now I'm performing a penetration
test, and I would like to target some of the users of the corporate LAN, so
I think this approach is the best in order to penetrate to the LAN.

That approach is dying/has kinda died...

    I searched google but failed to find the URL, could someone send it to
me ? Thanks!

...I mean, why arse around with authoring such large, complex SWFs when
you can achieve about as compelling an effect with JavaScript?

Regards,

Nick FitzGerald