Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Local police hacking,now?

From: Kurt Grutzmacher <grutz () jingojango net>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 13:40:59 -0500

On Wed, May 09, 2007 at 12:56:41AM -0400, scott wrote:
Just read an article about local police being able(by law)to hack a
suspects box from the net.

How about Government/Military drafted hackers?

http://www.nwfdailynews.com/article/4709

Chai acknowledged that in the event of war with Beijing, Taiwan would
also try to hack into Chinese computers, but declined to give details.

She said Taiwanese law permits the military to draft civilian computer
experts if hostilities break out, but expressed the hope that such a
move would never be necessary.

"We hope (computer) attacks can be reduced so everyone can freely
utilize cyberspace," she said.

--
                 ..:[ grutz at jingojango dot net ]:..
     GPG fingerprint: 5FD6 A27D 63DB 3319 140F  B3FB EC95 2A03 8CB3 ECB4