Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: XBOX ID's being Jacked

From: "Kevin Finisterre (lists)" <kf_lists () digitalmunition com>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 10:21:45 -0400

There are lots of folks that mention obtaining the IP in order to hack your account. They usually say they have done this with Cain and Able or Commview or any other sniffer out there. You IP can be easily obtained by the usual standby groups or bridgers.... The only reason they want your IP is because that can buy them ONE piece of information. In some cases if you have paid for the proper program you can get an address and GPS coordinates for an IP. In most cases the address will be that of your neighborhood router or something like that.

I just wanted to clear this up as there appears to be some confusion over what the IP address has to do with prextexing Microsoft XBL employees.

You can try something like this...

http://www.melissadata.com/lookups/iplocation.asp? ipaddress=209.11.233.26

and get something back like this

IP Address 209.11.233.26

City FINDLAY

State or Region OHIO

Country UNITED STATES

ISP CENTRACOMM COMMUNICATIONS.

This may be JUST enough info to trick a dumb employee

-KF