Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: EXPLOITS FOR SALE (AUCTION SITE)

From: "Dave Hull" <ireadit () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 08:55:24 -0500

On 7/8/07, ascii <ascii () katamail com> wrote:

Dave Hull wrote:
> Yep. This is nothing new (and nothing noble), there are at least a
> handful of web sites that will buy zero days.
>
> Maybe we should start zeBay.

Because you are noble? Or to start something new?

That was a joke. I thought it was obvious.

The vulnerability researchers that I know and respect have been practicing
responsible full disclosure for years. They aren't in the business of
finding vulnerabilities so they can sell them. Responsible full disclosure
moves the software industry forward and helps us all. I believe that's more
noble than selling them to the highest bidder, but I understand some people
have to put food on their families.

--
ireadit () gmail com