Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Universal PDF XSS After Party(posible solution)

From: "Noe Espinoza M." <nespinoza () grupowissen com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 12:25:46 -0600

We need to force to the users do download  the pdf files

And we can add to the httpd.conf or .htaccess the next code

SetEnvIf Request_URI "\.pdf$" requested_pdf=pdf
Header add Content-Disposition "Attachment" env=requested_pdf

Other solution is protect our pdf files to external links (hotlinking)

Add in .htacces

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^$
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^http://([-a-z0-9]+\.)?example\.com[NC]