Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Extracting files from SMB packet captures

From: "Mike Vasquez" <mnv () alumni princeton edu>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 21:22:03 -0700

While I haven't done anything specifically with SMB, I did come up with the
following a few years back: it might prove useful in your research:

http://www.adminprep.com/articles/default.asp?action=show&articleid=52

It covers taking an ethereal data cap, and taking portions of it to come up
with the original content, i.e. .wav's, .mov's, .zip's, .jpg's, etc.  You
get the idea.

If you have any sanitized caps you want to send my way, I'd be happy to play
around with them, as well.

Mike